Debdorshi Squirrels wreaking havoc in attic is an extremely common problem. Attics are usually dry, comfortable and is the perfect place for squirrels to store their food and settle down. However, squirrels can cause a lot of damage to your attic, which may result in huge repairing costs. If you are wondering about how to remove squirrels from your attic, then consider the following points:
1. TRAP THEM: The bet way to get rid of squirrels is to trap them. Make sure you buy a squirrel sized cage trap, a squirrel can hurt itself in a very big cage. Don’t place the cage in the middle of the attic, keep them near the exit. Be a little patient, it may take some time before the squirrel eventually gets trapped.
2. ONE WAY DOORS: If you don’t want to cause any harm to the squirrels, then this is probably the best option. All you have to do is just place a one-way door near the entrance hole. A one way door comes with a tension flap, which allows the squirrel to exit but it cannot come back.
3. USE REPELLENTS: Using repellents is also an effective way to deal with squirrels. They are designed in such a way that they won’t kill the squirrel, but will only prevent them from coming back. They are slightly expensive, but nowhere near the repairing costs which you have to pay because of the damage caused.
4. USE AMMONIA: Get some rags and then wet them with ammonia. After that, spread those rags near the area where the squirrel lives. Squirrels possess extremely developed sense of smell and won’t be able to tolerate the smell.
5. SOUNDS AND LIGHTS: Squirrels are very sensitive to sound and lights. Keep the lights on in your attic and play the radio near the entry points. This will drive the squirrels mad and they will eventually leave.